Monday, November 25, 2013

Pumpkin Shrimp and Coconut Chowder

"I think this is my favorite soup we've ever made!"- Christian (my husband)
My 8 year old had 4 bowls! My 6 year old 2! I didn't count how many ladles I had :) Holy YUM!!!

Ingredients:
2 TBLS coconut oil
1/2 C Red onion, chopped
2 TBLS fresh grated ginger
2 C chicken stock
2 C shredded carrot
1 C frozen peas
3 C potato (any kind: red, white, sweet), peeled and diced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 can (about 14 oz) coconut milk
1/4 C lime juice
1 C pumpkin puree
1 tsp salt
1 frozen bag (ours had about 50) medium uncooked shrimp, thawed, tails removed

Directions:
Heat oil in a pot on the stovetop.  Add onion and ginger.  Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions are tender. Add remaining ingredients (except for the shrimp) and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.  Add the shrimp during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.  Cook until shrimp are pink and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment