Monday, October 15, 2012

Chicken Stirfry

This is my, I-don't-feel-like-thinking-about-dinner/ cooking-tonight-but-I-still-want-to-have-something-healthy dinner! :)  And if I've got some leftover-already-cooked brown rice in the freezer...even better!:)

Ingredients:
Frozen Vegetable stir fry blend, your choice.
Brown Rice
Chicken, cubed
1/3 C Soy sauce
1/3 C Chicken broth
1/2 C-1 C Peanuts (optional)

Directions:
In a wok I cook the chicken first.  When it's done I put it in a bowl to stay warm in the microwave while I cook the veggies.  Pour in more veggies than you think.  They really cook down.  When the veggies are done to your liking, add the chicken back to the wok, throw in the peanuts.  Add the soy sauce and chicken broth. (If you want a thicker sauce stir these two together in another bowl with 1 TBLS cornstarch before adding it to the wok)  Toss everything and heat through, then serve over rice.  Voila, dinner is ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment