Thursday, October 18, 2012

Waffles

In a continued attempt to getting a more healthy breakfast in, we found this recipe at allrecipes.com!  LOVE this!

Ingredients:
4 eggs
3 1/2 C milk
1/2 C olive oil
1/2 C applesauce 
2 tsp vanilla
2 C whole wheat flour
1 C flaxseed meal
1/2 C oats
8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
Whisk first 5 ingredients in a bowl.  Add the next 5.  Mix until well combined.
I used my 3/4 C to scoop out the batter and dumped 2 scoops onto a waffle iron. 
Makes 20 waffles! (you'll pour 5 times since each pour makes 4 waffles) Some spilled over the edge the first time, so I guess if I became a professional batter dumper we could make 1 or 2 more waffles!:)
Freeze leftovers for a quick pop in the toaster breakfast! I made mine like a sandwich with almond butter, sliced bananas and honey. (In the picture above, nothing is on the waffles yet.  Just a stack of yummy, crispy goodness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment