Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chips and Mediterranean Salsa

My new love!  This salsa is amazing and highly addictive!  Good thing it's just a bunch of veggies! YUM!

Ingredients:
Chips
   Corn tortillas (homemade are great too!) If you use store bought, just read the ingredients.  White and yellow are great.
   Olive oil
   Salt

Salsa
   3 TBLS lemon juice
   2 TBLS olive oil
   4 tomatoes, diced
   1 cucumber, diced
   1 C coarsley chopped fresh parsley, or Kale leaves
   1 small red onion
   coarse salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 F.  Cut tortillas into fourths, and place on a cookie sheet.  You can fit 6 whole tortillas (24 chips) on one pan.  Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.  Bake for 9 minutes.  Watch closely so that they don't burn.
For the salsa I love this chopped super tiny.  Think, not quite minced!

We had the salsa the other night with our falafel, in pitas!  Let me just say, I got my Fadi's fix! I'm obsessed with this salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment