Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Thai Mango Salad

I AM IN LOVE!!!  This is totally my new favorite salad! As with most of my salads, I don't really list exact amounts.  This combination is just amazing!

Ingredients:
 Salad:
   Spinach, a good handful
   Kale, a good handful
   Bean Sprouts, maybe 1/2-1 C
   Mango, 1 large sliced mango will make 3-4 salads
   1/4-1/3 C Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, "Dry-fry" the coconut as if you were stir-frying it 2-3 minutes over medium heat, or until it turns light golden brown and is fragrant.
   Fresh Basil, chopped
   Cashews, small handful
 Dressing: (I'm addicted)
   1/4 C Soy Sauce
   1/4 C Lime juice
   1-2 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce (this is where the heat will come from)
   1-2 TBLS Honey
Who knew that this...
could turn into this! And make me fall in love!
Directions:
Toast the coconut.  Peel the mango.  Chop the veggies.  Rinse the bean sprouts.  Throw everything into your salad bowl and drizzle on some dressing.  (Dressing seems to make enough for 4 salads.) YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment